INDEPENDENT FINANCIAL ADVISER
Main Aspects of the role
To competently provide full whole of market advice to clients both from McCreas existing client bank and also through the substantial number of new client referrals we receive from many sources.
The successful applicant will receive full administrative and Paraplanning support.
They will be responsible for providing advice to a wide range of clients from clients starting their financial journey through to complex tax planning cases and real attention to detail is paramount.
The successful applicant will be provided with approximately 150 clients initially and on average the firm receives between 8 and 10 new enquiries a month. The adviser will also ensure they pass any clients that require Mortgage assistance to our Mortgage Company.
Skills, Knowledge and Responsibilities
- To hold a minimum of Level 4 Diploma CII qualifications moving towards becoming Chartered
- Be a good people person
- Be able to work well individually and within a team environment
- Have a minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a whole of market advice environment
- Enjoy what they do
- Be comfortable working in a very busy office
- Be able to personalise our template reason why letters and reports to a very high standard
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Always place the client first
- The successful applicant should be comfortable advising on all aspects of financial planning
- Keep up-to-date with new products, technical or legislative changes within the mortgage and protection marketplace
- Comply at all times with the Compliance and Training & Competence Schemes/Procedures of the firm
- Be able to use software to ascertain the most appropriate products and solution for the client
- Be able to identify and contact potential clients, gather sufficient client information and identify client needs
- Analyse information gathered and undertake sufficient research to make suitable recommendations
- Complete all supporting documentation in an accurate manner
- Ensure that the level of service, as agreed with each client, is delivered in a timely manner and at a very high standard
- Attain and maintain competent status as defined by the firm
- Maintain performance standards in accordance with those outlined in the Key Performance indicators section of the firm’s Training & Competence scheme
- Via self-assessment and feedback, identify Continuing Professional Development (CPD) needs to maintain and enhance Competent status and undertake appropriate activity to meet those needs
- Undertake a minimum of 35 hours appropriate CPD within any 12 month period – of which 25 hours will be structured professional development activities
The successful applicant will be given a salary in keeping with their experience and abilities. This will be well above industry average and will also include a performance related bonus scheme.
Additional Benefits include
- Group Pension Scheme – 5% employer and employee contributions
- Private Medical Insurance
- Group Critical Illness 2 x salary
- Group Death in Service 4 x salary
- Group Income Protection
- 24 Days holiday and statutory holidays (11)
- Annual review of salary and bonus package
- Expenses ( where appropriate)
There are a number of events held out with working hours to help promote the business and also to thank clients and staff are expected to attend a number of these.
To apply, we'll require the following:
- A covering letter, including a note of your existing salary and benefits
- A CV which reflects your skills and experience to match the role
Submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
McCrea Financial Services is committed to diversity in the workplace. We encourage applications from applicants regardless of gender, sexuality, or disability.